Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And I'm off...

Well I haven’t updated this blog for a while, but now I’m off so hopefully you should be hearing more from me now.

Yes that’s right, you heard me, I’m off. You, my reader, have a front row seat as I am sipping black airline coffee while writing this from the cruising altitude of a Boeing 757 headed to JFK. I’ll have a one-week layover on the east coast to visit NYC, family, and make the 8hr time change a bit easier to handle. Then next week I will head over to London with my 6 month work permit and see if I can’t make a living for myself over there, and have a bit of fun while I’m at it.

The Bad, The Good, and the wonders of airport security….
Yeah so I got to the airport and get in line for my ticket. All is good. I then realize that the automated check-in lines are moving much faster than mine, so I move over. I proceed to get into the slowest line, only to learn that I can’t check in because I have an International flight. OK. Back over to the other line. Of course I’m standing next to the screaming baby (and complimentary screaming mother). However, the Gods of Airline Travel rewarded me for my efforts with a front exit row window seat, so it was all worth it. Proceed to “security” where my backpack and I were selected at random to be searched “extra special”. After first trying to give my bag and laptop to another traveler, they scanned my bag no less than three times, and confiscated my lighter. They then scanned me, and after checking underneath the waistband of my pants for whatever you hide under the waistband of your pants, they let me go, though it seemed to me this was only because there was a supervisor yelling at all the workers to hurry up, and keep the line moving. What a clusterfuck. Oh well, the rest of the trip to the aircraft was uneventful… More later, Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home