Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Colleen is here!

A bit dazed and jet lagged, but nonetheless intact Colleen arrived in rainy Edinburgh today! Can’t tell you how great it is to have her here. She also brought my bike along with her, and after managing to somehow get it on the plane for free (and I always got overcharged!), helped me carry it down main street Edinburgh in the pouring rain. We gave up half way home though, and took a taxi—best £3.52 I ever spent. She quickly got to work in the flat, impressing the flatmates with violin and dancing skills. Tomorrow looks like a day of sightseeing, shopping, and chillin’, terminating with a paella dinner, courtesy of Carmela… We’re also going to book flights for Ireland tomorrow, I can’t wait. Sounds like we’ll have an insider “in” as well, guess we have family there that I never knew existed. They are all (supposedly) really excited about our trip over, and have offered ancestor’s violins to play, pub sessions, and places to stay! Should be good times, I’ll keep y’all posted…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home