Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Edinburgh

Edinburgh is cool

Yeah so this town rocks. It is super laid back, has a great vibe, lots of culture, and the people are very friendly. It’s basically everything I thought London was going to be. It’s also a lot smaller than London, and infinitely easier to get around (I’ve only used my map once) as there was actual planning that went into the making of the city. Last night there was some kind of Halloween/ Fall celebration. I really couldn’t make sense of it, but there was a big performance on a stage in the middle of the town square and about 1000 people in attendance. It was pretty cool, and certainly would have been more so if I had known what was going on.

I’m Kinda Sick
Well, I’ve been fighting off the Crazy Euro Flu sense I got here, and it seems to be catching up with me now. I’m poppin’ vitamins like there’s no tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll stay healthy for a bit longer.

I’m Kinda Employed
I walked into this bike rental place and asked about a job today, and he said that he needs someone, but only for a very limited amount of hours a week. The upside is that the guy who runs it is super chill, the downside being that the shop is VERY unorganized. He has basically given me free reign over the shop though, so that is cool. He’s also going to pay me in cash so it’ll be under the table, which another plus for me. Other good news on the job front is the woman who runs the BUNAC branch up here is friends with the assistant manager at one of the bigger bike shops in town so there is a possible in there as well. We’ll see, could be good.


I Might Have a Place to Live
I’m going to check out a flat right now. It’s really cheap and has two bedrooms, so I’m kinda suspicious, but we’ll see. If I do get it, I could get a flatmate and have VERY cheap rent. Could be good.

So that’s all for now, things are looking good for Will in Edinburgh, so stay posted.

P.S. Here are some pictures from St. Andrews.




3 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Will - Hope the flu has flown, and that you're feeling better. Kinda glad to hear you're kinda employed. Boy does it get expensive when you have no day-to-day food and shelter! From camping and traveling I have come to greatly appreciate flat horizontal surfaces -- roofs and beds particularly -- and when there's a vertical surface or two as well, why, it's the high life. Adios - Brian

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willy,
Killer trip! Keep the stories coming, I'm living the UK through you. I have an awesome relative who lives in Glosteshire in the south. Let me know if you want contact info for him.
Be safe.
Dave

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! And Guy Fawkes day. And wierd Halloween/Fall celebration, I think.

Glad you are settling in and not taking any whack employer's B.S. That's what I'm putting up with back in the States, and I say "Hell No!"

Great pictures, but can you take any with you in it?

Ryan R.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home